Transferring Certificates to Compliance Subaccount
An Account Holder choosing to retire a Certificate or a block of Certificates will use the transfer screen to identify the quantity of Certificates to Retire and the reason for Retirement.
To transfer active certificates to a Sub-Account:
- From the Account Dashboard, locate the Account Status module. Select an 'Active' certificates link
Note: The transfer screen can be accessed by selecting any of the Hyperlinked Positions (i.e. Active, Retirement, Bulletin Board, Etc.)
- In the transfer screen, select the batch(s) of certificates that you wish to retire
- Selecting the top box in the first column will select all certificates
- Adjust transfer quantity as needed.
- Review the “Total Quantity” to transfer and Select [Batch Transfer].
- From the “Transfer Certificates” screen, select the Compliance radio button and choose the compliance subaccount for the appropriate compliance year. Verify all details of the transfer are accurate and select [Submit] to complete the retirement of certificates.
Note: the NC-RETS Administrator is not responsible for the Retirement of Certificates by Account Holders, as it relates to voluntary or compliance-related Retirement deadlines or otherwise.
Submitting the Compliance Report to the NCUC
To review and submit the compliance Subaccount, select the hyperlinked name of the compliance subaccount from the subaccount report
The account holder should first review compliance requirements and how the deposited certificates meet the annual requirements.
Once satisfied with the quantity of certificates deposited into the subaccount, Press the [Submit] button at the bottom of the screen to submit the subaccount to the NCUC Commission Staff for their review. The subaccount will be pending until approved. Once the Commission Staff Approves the compliance subaccount, the certificates will be retired.