To register a new NC-RETS project, User takes the following steps:
1. In the Account Dashboard, locate the Asset Management module.
2. Under the Asset Management module, Select the Register New Project hyperlink as pictured below:
3. You are then taken to Page 1 of a 3-page registration process. (see the screenshot of Page 1 below)
Note: The NC Docket that was filed with the Commission, as part of the Commission Renewable Facility Registration, should be the main source of information for NC-RETS. Here is a link to the NC Docket database: https://starw1.ncuc.net/NCUC/page/Dockets/portal.aspx
4. Complete the first page of the project registration by selecting the [Next] button and then go to the next page.
Note: You can select the “Save” button to save entered data and return at a later time to finish the registration
5. In the second page of Project registration, the Account Holder provides details about the Facility Operator, Reporting Entity, and Metering Information.
6. Select the [Next] button to move to the final page of Generator/Project Registration.
Note: If needed, you can select on the [Back] button to return to the previous registration page.
7. The final page of the New Generator/Project Registration is about certificate eligibility. Review/Update information and Select [Submit for Approval].
a. North Carolina Eligibility Defaulted to “Yes”
b New Renewable Eligible Date should be set according to the Docket filing (Generally matches Commercial Operating Date)
c. Green-e and Lower Impact Hydro (LIHI) are options fields
8. The Project Registration will now be sent to the Registry Administrator, and an email notification will be sent to the email address of the Account Manager.
Note: An NC-RETS ID will be created once the Project registration is submitted. The Designated Representative can view the NC-RETS ID by going back to the Asset Management module. Projects will be in a ‘Pending’ status until the Registry Administrator reviews and approves the Project registration.