A QRE is a Balancing Authority, an Electric Power Supplier, or a federal or municipal power agency. They provide production data to NC-RETS for Renewable Energy Facilities at least monthly. A Balancing Authority provides data consistent with its monthly settlements process. Other QREs provide data from routine meter readings.
Once the Qualified Reporting Entity (QRE) is selected and the project is approved in NC-RETS, the QRE begins uploading monthly generation data for projects. To upload NC-RETS generation data, the QRE takes the following steps:
Meter Data Loading Module
The Meter Data Loading Module is the primary method for loading data into NC-RETS. This option allows the QRE to upload a Meter Data file in .csv format into their Account’s Meter Data Loading Module. Only projects that have elected the QRE to serve as the Reporting Entity will display in the Meter Data Loading Module’s list of projects.
To upload NC-RETS generation data, the QRE takes the following steps:
Create the file: Sample File
- Create a .TXT or .CSV monthly file for Generation Data Upload. The fields in the Generation Data Batch Upload must contain:
- NC-RETS identifier for the Project assigned by NC-RETS upon Project approval.
- Unique identifier for the Project assigned by its QRE from the QRE’s internal systems.
- Month and year of production formatted as MM/YYYY for any month in the current reporting period
- Begin month-day-year of production output period formatted as MM/DD/YYYY
- End month-day-year of production output period formatted as MM/DD/YYYY
- Total MWhs for reporting period, with three spaces beyond the decimal
Note: Excel will reformat the vintage field when opening the file. The Format of the vintage data must be MM/YYYY
- The following example shows a conforming input file. PROJECTID,REPORTINGENTITYID,VINTAGE,FROMDATE,TODATE, TOTALMWH 114,2A58A68,08/2018,08/01/2018,08/31/2018,100
- Null Values may be omitted for some the fields in the file.
- For example, the following line indicates the last field is null:
Note: The monthly generation data file may contain multiple projects. MWh data can be loaded out to the thousandth decimal place. Any fractional MWh data will be carried over and applied to the subsequent generation month.
Load the File
- Go to the Meter Data Loading module, under the Year drop-down, select the year, and select the [Browse...] button to locate the file.
- Select the [Upload] button to upload the monthly generation data file.
Note: If there are any issues with the data in the upload file, the file will not be uploaded.
- After selecting the [Upload] button, a confirmation screen will appear to display and confirm the results of the upload.
Note: NC-RETS will validate a Project’s uploaded data before posting the output into the NC-RETS database. When all validations are successfully completed, the data is loaded into the database and can be seen in a Project’s Generation Activity Log. If the Project fails to produce energy in a given month, a QRE should report by uploading “zero” to be accepted by the Account Holder. NC-RETS then notifies the Account Holder via email that generation output has been loaded for the Project, and the data is available to be reviewed for approval or dispute