Reporting Retail Sales
All North Carolina Electric Power Suppliers are required to report retail sales by June 1st of each year. The reported Retail Sales by Electric Power Supplier will then be populated into the Compliance Subaccount when you create it the following year.
In order to report Retail Sales in NC-RETS, Electric Power Suppliers should follow these steps:
- Upon logging into NC-RETS you will be asked to report the Retail Sales by Electric Power Supplier.
- If you submit compliance for multiple Electric Power Suppliers, you will do this for each individual Electric Power Supplier by June 1st each year.
- Use the [Add] button to individually report each Electric Power Supplier’s Retail Sales.
- The Retail Sales will be totaled in the read-only field for “Prior Year Total Retail Load Served (MWh)”.
- When you are ready to create your Compliance Subaccount, each Electric Power Supplier’s Retail Sales reported June 1 will be displayed in the Subaccount Registration screen.
- If the Compliance Subaccount should only include a subset of the reported Electric Service Providers, use the selection boxes to delete the Electric Power Suppliers from the list. Note: if you do this, you will need to create a new Compliance Subaccount where these Electric Power Suppliers will be listed.
- After deleting Electric Power Supplier from a subaccount list, create a new Compliance Subaccount for the Electric Power Suppliers removed from the previous subaccount. The Electric Power Suppliers not included on other Compliance Subaccounts will be displayed.