A Self-Reporting Project is a renewable energy Facility or utility-sponsored energy efficiency or demand-side management project for which the owner self- reports its output or energy savings. This includes:
1) A customer-sited Renewable Energy Facility interconnected behind an Electric Power Supplier’s meter that has either
a. A meter that meets ANSI standards and complies with Commission Rule R8-13, or
b. another industry-accepted, auditable and accurate metering, controls and verification system;
2) inverter based solar facilities of 10 kW or less;
3) solar thermal facilities; and
4) combined heat and power facilities.
Self-Reporting Projects transmit their production data to the NC-RETS Administrator via the Self-Reporting Interface pursuant to Section 5.7 of the NC-RETS Operating Procedures.
A Self-Reporting Project must enter actual cumulative meter readings measured in kWh / MWh or Btu (which will be converted to MWh) and the date of the meter reading via the Self-Reporting Interface. Actual cumulative meter readings must be entered no less frequently than annually.
If a Self-Reporting Project chooses to report data in cumulative over the course of multiple months (for example, 01/2018-06/2018), it can do so by uploading the data for the most recent vintage month (06/2018) and providing evidence of the monthly breakdown quantity to the NC-RETS Administrator.
Self-Reporting Projects that do not enter meter readings via the Self-Reporting Interface as required will receive a reminder notice by email from the NC-RETS Administrator. Self-Reporting Projects risk having their project de-activated in NC-RETS if they do not provide meter readings at least annually.
For projects that are qualified to self-report generation data in NC-RETS, User takes the following steps:
- In the Account Dashboard, locate the Asset Management module.
- Under the Asset Management module, select the corresponding hyperlinked month and year under the Review Data/Self Report column.
- From the Self-Reporting/Facility/Project Output Data Review screen, select [Add New Output] button to self-report data.
- Enter information on Generation, Reporting Period and Credit Creation Summary.
- Verify details of entry and select the [Submit] button.
- Select the [Ok] button to report monthly generation data.
Note: After generation data has been reported for a project, the data will be set to ‘NC-RETS Accepted’ if it is ready to be approved by the Account Holder or ‘NC-RETS Pending’ after failing the Engineering Feasibility test. The Account Holder will be notified when data has been loaded and is ready to be approved. The Account Holder must login to their data review screen and approve the data before their certificates will be issued.